While most agents do a good job at what I call the usual listing activities:
- Pricing your property right
- Staging it to sell
- Open houses
- Broker's open houses
- Newspaper ads (Maybe)
- Negotiating on your behalf
I contend that home buyers today aren't interested in aspects of the real estate transaction that largely only benefit the seller. That's why in addition to those activities listed above, I busy myself exposing and presenting your property to as many buyers as possible.
No doubt as you read on you will conclude that I rely heavily on web marketing. I do! Why? Because by latest estimates 94% of home buyers are searching for properties online and they're definitely going to know about yours when you hire me!
10 Progressive Marketing Steps To Get Your Property Sold
In that no two properties are a like, it follows that the marketing mix of activities I engage in varies listing to listing. Not all marketing tactics make sense for every property. In the following list my goal is not to describe a rote marketing plan, but to briefly outline the broad range of progressive marketing step I'll take to get your property sold.
- Website — Create a sharp website for your property. It will have a unique domain name for your street address and it will be syndicated to more than 20 major property portals like Trulia, Zillo and Google Base.
- Video + Virtural Tours — I'll use pictures or footage of your property to create a visually appealing video. This video will be uploaded to Youtube so that your property can be found on that very popular video sharing site. Additionally a 360 virtual tour will be created and syndicated to all the most popular property listing sites.
- Craigslist — I'll create a Craigslist ad for your property and repost it on a weekly basis. Craigslist is becoming an increasingly popular resource for buyers searching for homes on the internet. Your presence here will expose your property to hundreds, maybe thousands of prospective home buyers.
- Facebook — If deemed appropriate, I'll create a Facebook ad for your property and set it to be shown 50,000 times to local users of the world's most popular social networking site.
- Twitter — I'll create a Twitter account for your property and set it to automatically tell other Twitterers in the area about your property.
- Google Ads — I'll create a Google ad that shows up when people search for keywords related to your neighborhood and area. This way, as out of town people search google for real estate, your property will show up near the top of the page.
- Mobile Property Website — I'll employ a mobile property website accessed by text message. By advertising the unique text code and mobile website associated with your property on your for sale sign, buyers who are passing by will be able to instantly receive information on the property. And I'll be able to quickly follow up and present your property in its best light by calling the prospect's cell number.
- Network — I'll call the five agents who have participated in the most recent sales in your area. Chances are good these agents might have other buyers looking in the neighborhood. It will be our job to keep your property top-of-mind with cooperating agents.
- MLS — When I post your property to the MLS system, I'll make sure the description is engaging and that the pictures present your property in its best light. This is a fundamental, but very important step that many agents get wrong!
- Database — Using my company's database, I'll make sure that everyone I know is familiar with your property like past clients, current clients, other agents, Facebook fans, Twitter followers.
How May I Assist You? / Ask A Question...
If this day finds you considering making a move into a future, or out of a present home, please contact me. It has been my good fortune to work with innumerable home buyers and sellers over the years and it will be my pleasure to work with you too. I look forward to working with you!